Pages

Saturday 1 October 2016

The Sunflower

We often set out still-life art provocations for students throughout the school year. Through these experiences, we encourage students to look closely, touch, and smell the subject; to form a relationship and transfer their understanding of the subject to paper (The Language of Arts). 



I enjoyed documenting our youngest learners first experience with still-life portraits during the first month of school. The following are some of the panels I put together using the program Pages. I enjoyed watching each child's interpretation of the sunflower, as they worked side-by-side. I was also impressed with the uniqueness of each child's interpretation of the sunflower, which led me to explore the development of children's art.   

                 

 

There was a special moment during our time with the sunflowers that I look forward to sharing in a later post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment